Monday, November 19, 2012

Birthday Cookies for Me!

Yes, tomorrow is my birthday, the BIG 33!

In the grand tradition of workplace birthdays, I am compelled to provide some type of baked good for my co-workers to commemorate the occasion!

Into my collection of recipes I dove, resurfacing with a cookie recipe I haven't made in a good 10 years. A cookie recipe that I had hand written on a tiny piece of notebook paper, copied over from my former Bostonian neighbor Rosemarie many moons ago. I present to you;

Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, Melted
2 Cups Flour
8 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
6 Ounces White Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Pecans (Optional)

I doubled the recipe to feed my coworkers in case you're wondering why there are so many yolks floating around in the bowl!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. I discovered the joys of baking with parchment paper about 5 Christmas' ago and I haven't looked back! It makes for a quick and easy cleanup and I hardly even need to break out a cookie spatula!

Beat the butter in a mixer for about 30 second before beating in the sugars, baking soda, eggs and vanilla. Lower the speed to 'stir' and add in the melted baking chocolate, flour and chocolate chips.


Now, for the fun part. Get out a 1/4 cup measuring cup or disher. Yes, I said 1/4 cup! These are going to be some monster cookies! Space them out quite well though, or you may wind up with touchy feely cookies (like I did).


Bake for about 12-16 minutes, depending on your oven and cool on a wire rack.


Enjoy on your birthday, the night before your birthday, after lunch on your birthday, or just anytime! Here's to birthdays and cookies! A great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment